From unique hairstyles to trending clothing styles, our desire for uniqueness continues to grow. It stems from the fact that there’s a deep desire inside all of us not to be like others. Given that every human is unique, with different personalities, attitudes, beliefs, experiences, and habits, sometimes it’s hard to believe so when you’re drowning in the busyness that is life in the 21st century.
This desire for uniqueness carries over to the things we own, including roofs. As more Americans live in suburbs where every house seems just like the other, we are looking for ways to make our homes stand out from the crowd (in a good way, meaning you don’t want to have every crevice of your home be covered with Christmas lights all year long). One way homeowners and businesses are customizing the exterior of their buildings is with unique, custom roofs. There are many benefits to customizing your roof, which is the subject of this blog post by PRN Roofing.
PRN Roofing is the best roofing company in Tuscaloosa. We specialize in all types of roofs, including residential, commercial, and multi-family housing, as well as all types of roofing services, including roof installations, repairs, and maintenance. We offer free roof estimates, as well as gutter services, siding installation, and house painting. When it comes to the exterior of your home or office, we can do it all. Contact us today, and continue reading to learn about the benefits of a custom roof.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR ROOF
- Color. Perhaps more than any other feature, people will notice the color of your roof first. Traditional roof colors include black, gray, or various shades of each. now you can go with white, bright blues, reds, greens, and even purples. There is really no limitations on colors to your roof anymore, or on varieties or shades of the color you choose.
- Material. You will most definitely notice a copper roof if a neighbor installs one in your neighborhood. While that is an extreme (and an unlikely example given the expense of a copper roof), it is the perfect example of how you can customize your roof with roofing material. Asphalt shingles are the most popular roofing material in the United States. Odds are, the majority of your neighbors have asphalt shingles. By choosing a unique roofing material, such as metal, slate, or copper, you’ll differentiate your home and add value along the way.
- Shape and/or slope. If you live in a subdivision or a modern home (built in the last 30 years or so), you probably have a roof with a similar shape and slope. However, if you are replacing your roof, you can ask your local roofing contractor about the possibilities of changing the slope or the shape of your roof to make it stand out. For example, flat roofs are definitely noticeable, sharp lines that attract the eye. While a flat roof may not be practical in your area, it’s worth asking about and considering. PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa offers free roof estimates when you are deciding on roof replacements for your home. Ask one of our expert roofers today about the shape or slope of your roof.
- Accessories. Yes, your roof has accessories, and again, we’re not talking about Christmas lights or Santa going down the chimney. We’re talking about soffits, flashings, gutters, and other features of your roof that can be changed out to make it unique. You can paint your gutters or invest in unique gutter solutions, such as gargoyles and such. You can change out the material of your flashing or add in a unique flair like a weather vane that goes beyond your traditional rooster to a dragon or such, for example.
BENEFITS OF A CUSTOM ROOF
- Resale value. With everyone looking for a home that speaks to them and others, your unique roof can increase your home’s value. There are some roofing materials that last longer naturally, such as metal roofs and stone roofs, that will increase your home’s value and can decrease the cost of homeowner’s insurance as well for such reasons as increased fire resistance and the like.
- Sell home faster. In a tough real estate market where demand for homes exceeds supply, you can possibly sell your home faster if it has a unique flair to it. For example, if you and a similar home in your neighborhood are for sale, which one do you think a potential buyer will choose?
- Visitors are better able to find your home. It can be cumbersome to try and find someone’s home, even with GPS, and especially at night. When you customize your home to the point it’s noticeable for its distinguishing features, it will help visitors find your home. Plus, it can be fun just to say, “I’m the house with the blue roof and the gargoyle gutters.”
- Change the look of your entire home. When you change your roof, the look of your entire home will change, even if you leave everything else the same. This is especially important if you have a dated roof and are looking to sell your home in the near future. Plus, a new roof is more energy-efficient, saving you money in the long run on utility bills.
HOW PRN ROOFING CAN INSTALL YOUR CUSTOM ROOF
PRN Roofing is the best residential and commercial roofer in Tuscaloosa. We specialize in roof replacements for your home and business, as well as roof repair, roof maintenance, and roof inspections. We also offer multi-family roofing services. In addition, we offer painting, gutter installation and repair, and siding services. We offer 24-hour emergency services and offer warranties on our new roofing materials. We work with your insurance company in the event of storm damage or any other roofing repair that would fall under insurance authority. We also offer state-of-the-art thermal imaging inspections that detect wet areas in your roof without damaging any part of your roof.
PRN Roofing puts our customers’ needs first. We will never sell you a roof you don’t need, and we do a thorough evaluation and interview with you to determine the right kind of roofing material that will suit your needs. In the end, we measure our success off your happiness. No matter what kind of roof you desire, whether it’s a custom roof or a more traditional one, we can help. We prioritize your call if it’s an emergency, especially if the problem has displaced you from your home. We ensure all of our roofing installations and repairs are as least disruptive as possible. Contact us today for your free roofing consultation!