As a professional roofing company in the Tuscaloosa area, PRN Roofing has seen it all. We’ve seen every type of roof, every style of roof, every problem with roofs, and every material of roofs. We’ve also seen every color in roofs. But how do you choose a good color for your next paint job?
PRN Roofing offers both residential and commercial painting services. When you need your home or business painted, give us a call. We’ll provide a free estimate, and get you scheduled. In a previous blog post, we discussed the best colors to paint your home. Now that you know the best colors to choose from, how do you pick house painting colors? In this blog post, we’ll offer up tips on how to choose a home painting color for you. Contact us today!
HOW TO CHOOSE A HOME PAINT COLOR
- Plan around your home elements that probably won’t change. PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa recommends painting your home’s exterior about every three to seven years. Depending on your roofing material, you may not need a roof replacement for upwards of two decades. You probably don’t redo your landscaping all that often either, including paving stones, patios, and decks. Hence, when choosing a house color, take into consideration what colors will look good with your other, more fixed exterior elements. Consider paint colors that will tie in the overall feel of your home. Undertones are important considerations when choosing exterior paint colors.
- Plan around your home’s architectural style as well as the era of your home. If you have a distinct style of home, such as a bungalow, a New England saltbox, or a Southern colonial style home, you’ll want to make sure your exterior paint color coincides. For example, if you live in a New England saltbox, bright orange may not be the best color. Similarly, for a Southern colonial style home, blue probably won’t make the most sense. If you live in a home with a distinct style or from an era, you should stick to the common colors for that style of home. You can now purchase historically-accurate paints through your local painting company, such as PRN Roofing. This will give your home an authentic feel, help it to blend with the neighborhood, and make it pop. You can vary somewhat from historical guidelines, but don’t venture too far away on the color palette, or you’ll risk people not liking your home at all. Hiring a color consultant is an option as well to get the perfect shade you desire for an exterior paint color. A professional color consultant is an expert is creating an overall impression and feel just from colors. You can leverage his or her talents in order to create flow with your landscaping, lighting, and colors.
- Don’t forget the accent colors. When choosing an exterior paint job, don’t forget that for the exterior of your home, you’ll need three colors: the main color of your home, or the field color, the accent color, which includes the door, shutters, and any other smaller area, and the trim color, which is used for railings and window and door casings. You want a strong contrast between the dominant color and the trim. If one is bold, choose a subdued color for the other one. Two subdue colors together will make your house invisible. Two dominant colors together will make your home stand out — and not in a good way. You don’t want to be “that house” that everyone uses to give their friends directions from.
- Check with your HOA. If you live in a neighborhood with a HOA, check with them to see if they have limitations on which colors you can use to paint your house. This could help you choose your colors if so.
- Test, test, and test some more. If you’ve done any kind of painting at all (even canvas painting), you know that a color on a test chip may look completely different once you get it up on the wall. Once you narrow down your choices of paint color, buy a quart of each and paint a wide area on the exterior of your home. Look at it at different times of the day for a few days, and see which one you like the best and looks the best both in the light and the dark.
PRN Roofing specializes in the exterior painting of your home or business. We understand that you want a quality house painting service so your home makes the best first impressions. By adding a fresh coat of paint to the exterior of your home or business, you are enhancing curb appeal and telling your customers you care about how your business looks.
PRN ROOFING’S SERVICES
PRN Roofing is the best roofing contractor in Tuscaloosa. We specialize in all things roofing, from residential roof repairs and replacements to commercial roof installations. We offer free roofing inspections in order to assess the health of your roof. As a family-owned and operated business, we take pride in our community and have been serving Tuscaloosa collectively for over 40 years. We are a 24 hour emergency roofer, so if your roof springs a leak in the middle of the night, give us a call. We’ll get it patched up in no time and then can give you a free estimate to determine your next steps.
PRN Roofing also offers free damage assessment so when the weather in Alabama takes a turn for the worse, we’ll be there to help. We work with all insurance companies for roof replacements or roof repairs when a storm hits. We’ll inspect your gutters and clean or replace them as needed. If your home has siding, we’ll spruce that up as well. From siding replacement to siding installation, PRN Roofing has a wide selection of siding to meet your needs.
When it comes to the exterior of your home, PRN Roofing has got you covered in the Tuscaloosa area. For your free exterior painting estimate or roof estimate, give us a call today to get started!