PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa is passionate about roofs. We offer all types of roofing solutions for every type of customer, from residential, commercial, or multi-family. Whether you need your entire residential roof replaced or you are concerned about some water damage you just noticed on your ceiling, PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa can help. In addition to roofs, we also specialize in your home’s exterior, offering the best siding installation services, gutter installs, and commercial and residential home painting. We love what we do, and we’re privileged to bring our services to you every day.
In this blog post, we’ll review some of the benefits of skylights, as well as offer up ideas on how to choose the best skylight for you. Contact us today for a free roofing estimate!
BENEFITS OF SKYLIGHTS
- Saves on utility costs. When you have more natural light to see by, you don’t need to use artificial lights, thereby saving you money on utility costs and helping to save the environment by saving all those carbon emissions from the coal, oil, or gas that powers electrical lights.
- Adds light. This one goes without saying and is integral to saving on utility costs. However, there is more to light than meets the eye (pun intended). Light has been shown to help fend off seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and improve your mood. Never underestimate the power of light.
- Lets in fresh air. There’s something about the smell of rain after a rainstorm. Skylight windows offer up scents from the wilds of the world and can help whisk away not-so-pleasant scents for the wilds of our little worlds.
- Adds value to your home. Skylights are extremely popular amongst homeowners and commercial businesses for the aforementioned reasons. When you add skylight to your home or business, you are adding value to your home and a nice selling point to potential buyers. Outside of chimneys, PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa recommends adding in skylights as one of the best home remodels you can do easily to increase the value of your home.
HOW TO CHOOSE SKYLIGHTS
- Are you looking for the benefit of added light or is this mainly an aesthetic feature you are adding in?
- Where do you want your skylight placed? Not only do you have to consider the angle of the skylight for the amount of light you want, but you also have to take into consideration the roof’s rafters and support beams? This is just another reason to call in your professional local roofing company, such as PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa. The last thing you want is to cause structural damage to your roof.
- What is the size and shape of your room? You may not want to overwhelm a small room but an abundance of light and vice versa. Skylights come in all sizes and lengths, so make sure you are checking to see which will fit in your room better.
- How user-friendly do you want the skylight to be? Do you want it to be fixed or vented? If you are leaning more towards the vented skylight route, this is where you’ll have choices. Some vented skylights come with remotes to open and close them. Not only do the remote-operated skylights cost a bit more, but with more component parts comes the possibility of more problems down the road.
- How high-tech do you want to go with your skylight? Skylights began as just a single pane of glass that sat in a metal frame. Nowadays, however, you can have multiple-paned glass or even plastics. You can add in insulation and extra coatings to protect against UV rays. There are many options to choose from when thinking of how high-tech you want to go. PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa recommends you do your research before you buy.
- Consider the different costs with your options, and go from there. You’ll have to get an estimate from your local roofer who installs skylights in order to help you select which type is best for you. PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa recommends you invest the money into a professional skylight installer in order to yield the best results and save you a roof repair from us.
WHY CHOOSE PRN ROOFING OVER THE OTHER GUY
Simply put, you matter to us. You’re not just another phone call we have to answer. When you give PRN Roofing in Tuscaloosa a call for a roofing or other exterior home question, we give you our 100% attention always. We’re here to answer your questions and get your roofing concerns taken care of as soon as possible. We understand the frustrations of having to live and/or work around a leaky roof. The impression a leak makes on commercial customer is not good and having to empty a bucket full of water from your own home is about as fun as watching worms crawl.
PRN Roofing takes care of and values all of our Tuscaloosa customers. We offer emergency roofing services for the unexpected events in life. Give us a call today for your free roofing estimate!